and; as well as; but (not); yet (not); (shows causal relation); (shows change of state); (shows contrast)
|set up; to stand|
|simp. and trad.
- 吾十有五而志於學，三十而立。 [Classical Chinese, trad.][▼ expand/hide]
- 吾十有五而志于学，三十而立。 [Classical Chinese, simp.]
- From: The Analects of Confucius, circa 475 – 221 BCE, translated based on James Legge's version
- Wú shí yòu wǔ ér zhì yú xué, sānshí ér lì. [Pinyin]
- When I was 15 years old, I devoted myself to study.
At the age of 30, I established myself (got a job and started a family).
|Kanji in this term|
- thirty years old