Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Used to form the third-person singular and the second-person singular formal of an infinitive.
- főzni (“to cook”) → Főznie kell. - He/she has to cook. / You (formal) have to cook.
- The conjugated infinitive denotes action connected to the person. The non-conjugated infinitive has a general meaning.
- Itt nem szabad dohányoznia. - He/she is not allowed to smoke here. (third-person)
- Itt nem szabad dohányozni. - Smoking is not allowed here. (general)
- -nia is added to back vowel words that form their infinitive with -ni
- -nie is added to front vowel words that form their infinitive with -ni
- -ania is added to back vowel words that form their infinitive with -ani
- -enie is added to front vowel words that form their infinitive with -eni
- Forms verbal nouns; -ing
declension of -nie