Diminutive form of Joseph and, less often, of Joel, Josiah and Josias
- A common nickname for Joseph, also used as a formal male given name.
- 1981 Orson Scott Card, Second Movement, Nebula Winners: Science Fiction Writers of America, Harper&Row, 1981, ISBN 0060148306, page 207
- "With a name like Joe," Joe always said, "I had to open a bar and grill, just so I could put up a sign saying 'Joe's Bar and Grill'."
- A female given name, a form of Joanne or Josephine.
Joe (plural Joes)
- (informal) A male; a guy; a fellow
- I'm just an ordinary Joe.
stereotypical male given name