Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- a town in Kent, south-east England, one of the historic Cinque Ports
- an English habitational surname originating from this town
- one of several younger towns named after the town in Kent or after a person bearing the surname:
- sandwich (snack)
- The German word is commonly used only for more richly filled sandwiches, typically with salad and sauce, normally featuring toast bread or a bread roll. Plainer variants with traditional German bread go by a variant of regional German names like Stulle. Variants with a bread roll often go simply by Brötchen (“bread roll”).
- The noun is generally neuter, but may be treated as masculine by some speakers.
- The inflected forms above are loosely ordered by frequency. The plural is usually Sandwiches in formal writing, but the two alternative plurals are equally frequent in common usage.
- Sandwich in Duden online