|This is an archive page that has been kept for historical purposes. The conversations on this page are no longer live.|
- 1 May 2009
- 1.1 Translate "tied to" to Latin
- 1.2 Japanese to English
- 1.3 from english to tamil
- 1.4 English to Khmer
- 1.5 Latin to Estrangelo/Hebrew script
- 1.6 Translate to Hebrew
- 1.7 Translate English Phrase To Sanskrit
- 1.8 Journey of truth - translate into Kufic script
- 1.9 english to aramaic translation
- 1.10 ENGLISH TO LATIN
- 1.11 english to portuguese
- 1.12 i need this translated into hebrew
- 1.13 serenity prayer
- 1.14 i would like this translated into khmer script
- 1.15 Hawaiian Translation
- 1.16 English to Khmer translation please
- 1.17 From English into Cherokee, please:
Translate "tied to" to Latin
An example would be X is tied to Y or intertwined with or adjacent to. Thanks.
Japanese to English
I saw this French documentary about the Yakuza some time ago and those Japanese kept saying something like hossss, with that very long s. I saw karatekas do the same. Is that entry in wiktionary? User:Mallerd (Zeg et es meisje) 09:06, 6 May 2009 (UTC)
- Might be wise to add that it was used as a greeting. User:Mallerd (Zeg et es meisje) 20:46, 6 May 2009 (UTC)
- Are you sure it didn’t sound more like "yoshsh" (よし)? It means all right!, good!, and is very common. —Stephen 20:22, 9 May 2009 (UTC)
Well, is that used as a greeting? The double sh might explain the long sissing sound, though. I didn't hear any y. I don't know any Japanese so I can't ask around. User:Mallerd (Zeg et es meisje) 17:46, 13 May 2009 (UTC)
- It is used in ways that would sound like a greeting if you don’t speak Japanese. It’s only when you speak Japanese that you realize that he’s saying well or okay and not hello. —Stephen 21:12, 13 May 2009 (UTC)
- あの人は「押忍」といいますか。ありがとう。私も聞いたことがありますが、ちょっと聞き取れませんでした。 --Anatoli 12:27, 17 August 2009 (UTC)
from english to tamil
i miss you
English to Khmer
Me and my friend want to get tattoos saying (A friend loves at all times) or (Faithful are the wounds of a friend) in aramic or khmer WILL SOMEONE TRANSLATE That PLEASE! and thankyou
You own my heart
- A friend loves at all times = មិត្តស្រឡាញ់ជានិច្ច (since it's a permanent tattoo, you should have a native Cambodian check it first). —Stephen 20:17, 9 May 2009 (UTC)
Latin to Estrangelo/Hebrew script
My name is Aramaic. I would like to know how to write it in Aramaic. My name is Tabitha.
english to modern persian
where i can find english to bangla translation
Translate to Hebrew
Can you translate this quote for me to Hebrew using english letters? "You can damage my body but never my soul"—This comment was unsigned.
- Assuming the "you" is the generic third person "one" (on#French), a translation might be "efshar l'hazik laguf sheli aval lanefesh i efshar".—msh210℠ 02:22, 26 May 2009 (UTC)
Translate English Phrase To Sanskrit
I would like to have a translation for "I am my father, my father is me" in Sanskrit symbols for a tattoo. Thanks to anyone that can help with this! —This comment was unsigned.
Journey of truth - translate into Kufic script
Hi Can you please translate " Journey of truth" in several types of kufic script. I wanted to get a tatoo and have heard that some types of kufic script are very elegant.
Thanks so much!
- I would say: الرحلة في معرفة الحقيقة. However, since it’s a permanent tatoo, you should verify it with a native speaker or two. As for the kufic script, that’s a typeface. You have to copy the Arabic to a word processor such as Word or Notepad and change the font to Kufic. You will have to search for the Kufic font that you like and install it on your computer first. Kufic is a monumental script, meaning that it is designed to be carved into stone monuments. You might prefer a nice Diwani, which is elegant and very beautiful. —Stephen 19:19, 22 May 2009 (UTC)
english to aramaic translation
Can someone translate the word heathen into aramaic.
ENGLISH TO LATIN
can anyone please translate from english to latin the phrases "walk with me" and " Good Night, God Bless" I want this as a tattoo for my late grandma and would like to make sure it is correct.
- If the command of "walk with me" is to a single person, then you would use "ambula mecum". Saying"good night" is more difficult. The literal translation "bona nox" means that the night is a good one; it does not mean that the person is leaving, as it would in English. To say "goodbye" in Latin, use "vale". To say "God bless", you could say (literally) "may you be blessed by God", which in Latin is "benedicire Deo". --EncycloPetey 16:26, 23 May 2009 (UTC)
- "Good night" usually means "I wish upon you that you have[subjunctive] a good night", I think. Can that be translated into Latin?—msh210℠ 02:27, 26 May 2009 (UTC)
english to portuguese
life, love and strength
i need this translated into hebrew
- The "way"? Not sure what sort of way you mean, and the meaning of the whole sentence is pretty obscure. If you explain what you mean by it, it'll be easier for someone to translate it for you. But a word-for-word translation might be אני הדרך והאמת והחיים.—msh210℠ 02:01, 26 May 2009 (UTC)
- There is nothing obscure in the sentence, this is Evangelium secundum Ioannem, the famous 14:6, ego sum via et veritas et vita (I am not quoting in English, because it is not one of the three sacred languages of Christianity as established by pope Nicholas I) and the person wants it translated in Hebrew. I could copy the line in Aramaic, because Peshitta is available online, but since he insists on Hebrew... The uſer hight Bogorm converſation 09:57, 5 July 2009 (UTC)
what is the translated version of the sernity prayer in urdu
i would like this translated into khmer script
Aim for success, not perfection. Never give up your right to be wrong, because then you will lose the ability to learn new things and move forward with your life.
I love the "meaning" of this phrase and I want to get a tattoo of it, but obviously only if it's the true meaning.
Ua ola loko i ke aloha.
If anyone knows the TRUE translation of this (to english) let me know! thanks!
- It means "Love gives life within." It means that love is necessary to your physical, spiritual and emotional welfare. It is a bit difficult to analyze without studying the language, but literally, it says: "inceptively life interior to the love". Adjectives follow nouns (as in Spanish), and "ua" is a perfective/inceptive aspect marker that signals completed actions or new situations. —Stephen 19:04, 28 May 2009 (UTC)
English to Khmer translation please
Hi, going to cambodia soon with my girlfriend. She is highly allergic to penicillin. I would like to know how to write "Allergic to penicillin" in khmer. I would appreciate your help. Thank you.
- ខ្ញុំលេបថ្នាំប៉េនីស៊ីលីនមិនបានទេ។ (khñom lâyp thnam pâyniseelin meun bân tây) —Stephen 17:05, 31 May 2009 (UTC)
From English into Cherokee, please:
"So: did your ancestors learn (to speak) Cherokee?" --GypsyJane 16:56, 30 May 2009 (UTC)