Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- I put a note to, write down, note down; remark, comment on, state; annotate.
- I observe, perceive, notice.
- (with librum) I give a book a title, entitle, denominate.
- (passive) I am distinguished or noted for something.
- (law) I enter, designate or register an absent person among the accused.
- (law) I note or designate someone, already condemned, for punishment.
- “adnoto” in Charlton T. Lewis & Charles Short, A Latin Dictionary, Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1879.