Jump to navigation Jump to search
airborne (not comparable)
- In or carried by the air.
- Airborne pollen can aggravate allergies.
- 2012 December 1, “An internet of airborne things”, in The Economist, volume 405, number 8813, page 3 (Technology Quarterly):
- A farmer could place an order for a new tractor part by text message and pay for it by mobile money-transfer. A supplier many miles away would then take the part to the local matternet station for airborne dispatch via drone.
- In flight.
- Fitted to an aircraft.
- airborne radar
- Transported by air in an aircraft.
- airborne troops
carried by the air
airborne (plural airbornes or airborne)
- Military infantry intended to be transported by air and delivered to the battlefield by parachute or helicopter.