Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (uncountable) The state of a society being without authorities or an authoritative governing body.
- (uncountable) Anarchism; the political theory that a community is best organized by the voluntary cooperation of individuals, rather than by a government, which is regarded as being coercive by nature.
- (countable) A chaotic and confusing absence of any form of political authority or government.
- Confusion in general; disorder.
- (confusion or misunderstanding in general): Anarchists feel it is inappropriate to use anarchy to mean “a state of chaos or confusion”. However, this has historically been a common use of the word.
- For usage examples of this term, see the citations page.
political disorder and confusion
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked