Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: -assero
- I join someone or something to myself.
- (law, often with manu, in libertatem or liberali causa) I declare someone to be free by laying hands upon him; set free, liberate.
- (law, often with manu or in servitutem) I declare someone to be a slave by laying hands upon him; claim as a slave.
- I free from, protect, preserve, defend, defend against.
- I declare something to be my own possession, arrogate, claim.
- I maintain, affirm, allege, assert, declare.
- (arrogate): arrogō