Jump to navigation Jump to search
- To regress; to slip backwards or revert to a previous, worse state.
- Synonym: retrograde
- He felt better for a little while, before his condition started to backslide.
- To shirk responsibility; to renege on one's obligations or commitments.
- 2002 June 24, “Rich countries backsliding on WTO commitments on drug patent rules says Oxfam International”, in Oxfam America, archived from the original on 2007-06-12:
- Rich countries are backsliding on their commitment to agree to new WTO measures to help people in poor countries gain access to affordable medicines.
- (Christianity) To revert back into a life of sin after being saved.
to revert to a previous, worse state
to renege on one's obligations or commitments
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
Translations to be checked
backslide (plural backslides)