Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Directed backwards, retreating; reverting especially inferior state, declining; inverse, reverse; movement opposite to normal or intended motion, often circular motion.
- retrograde ideas, morals, etc.
- Counterproductive to a desired outcome.
- It is most retrograde to our desire.
- (astronomy, of a body orbiting another) In the opposite direction to the orbited body's spin.
- (geology) Describing a metamorphic change resulting from a decreasing pressure or temperature.
(astronomy) In the opposite direction to the orbited body's spin
(geology) Describing a metamorphic change
retrograde (plural retrogrades)
- A degenerate person.
- (music) The reversal of a melody so that what is played first in the original melody is played last and what is played last in the original melody is played first.
- (intransitive) To move backwards; to recede; to retire; to decline; to revert.
- (intransitive, astronomy) To show retrogradation.
astronomy: to show retrogradation
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
- Feminine plural form of retrogrado
- First-person singular (yo) present subjunctive form of retrogradar.
- Formal second-person singular (usted) present subjunctive form of retrogradar.
- Third-person singular (él, ella, also used with usted?) present subjunctive form of retrogradar.
- Formal second-person singular (usted) imperative form of retrogradar.