Jump to navigation Jump to search
bespoke (not comparable)
- Individually or custom-made.
- 2004, Alan Hollinghurst, chapter 10, in The Line of Beauty […], 1st US edition, New York, N.Y.: Bloomsbury Publishing, →ISBN:
- People gathered round, since it was something of an event, their MP, in his bespoke pinstripe and red tie, clutching an old Wellington boot and about to hurl it through the air.
- 2012 August 1, Ed Yong, “Replacement Parts”, in The Scientist, retrieved 2012-08-12:
- … others are attempting the more ambitious feat of engineering bespoke human organs from scratch.
- 2016, The Tube: Going Underground, season 1, episode 6:
- There are 436 escalators in the London Underground, and every one is totally bespoke.
- 2017, “Elements Part 2: Bespoken For”, in Adventure Time:
- You need to get a nice bespoked suit. "Bespoke" means i's custom-made to fit your specific dimensions and emphasize what's flattering about your shape.
- Relating to someone who makes custom-made products, especially clothing items.
- a bespoke tailor
individually or custom-made
relating to someone who makes custom-made products