Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Unrelated to similar bevel, which is of distinct French origin.
bezel (plural bezels)
- The sloping edge or face on a cutting tool.
- The oblique side or face of a cut gem; especially the upper faceted portion of a brilliant (diamond), which projects from its setting.
- The rim and flange which encompasses and fastens a jewel or other object, such as the crystal of a watch, in the cavity in which it is set; the collet.
- The panel that covers the front of a computer case, or the panel covering each drive bay that can be removed to install a removable drive that requires external access, such as a CD/DVD-ROM drive, which usually has its own preinstalled bezel.
the sloping edge or face of a cutting tool
the oblique side or face of a cut gem
the rim and flange which encompasses and fastens a jewel or other object
the panel that covers the front of a computer case or the panel covering each drive bay
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked