Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Both bitter and sweet.
- Expressing contrasting emotions of pain and pleasure.
- The break-up was very bittersweet; they both hurt to end it, but were glad it was over.
- Of a bittersweet color.
both bitter and sweet
expressing contrasting emotions of pain and pleasure
- A vine, of the genus Celastrus, having small orange fruits that open to reveal red seeds.
- The bittersweet nightshade, Solanum dulcamara.
- A variety of apple with a bittersweet taste.
- Any variety of clam in the family Glycymerididae
- An orange color.
a vine, of the genus Celastrus