blackout (plural blackouts)
- A temporary loss of consciousness.
- A temporary loss of memory.
- A large-scale power failure, and resulting loss of electricity to consumers.
- "The repairs at the Koeberg Power Station in the Western Cape were on schedule for completion in the third week of May. This follows huge blackouts related to the problems at the power supplier since November. Weekend Argus May 13/14 2006 p.5.
- (historical) The mandatory blocking of all light emanating from buildings as imposed during World War II.
- (temporary loss of consciousness): pass out
a temporary loss of consciousness
a temporary loss of memory
A large-scale power failure
The mandatory blinding of all light
translations to be checked