Jump to navigation Jump to search
- capsise (obsolete)
- (intransitive, nautical) To overturn.
- (transitive, nautical) To cause (a ship) to overturn.
- (intransitive, of knots) To deform under stress.
- 1944, Clifford Warren Ashley, The Ashley Book of Knots, page 19:
- There are even cases where a totally different knot may result when carelessly pulled. Tie the Granny Knot around any object and pull one end, and it will capsize into Two Half Hitches.
(intransitive) to overturn
(transitive) to cause to overturn