See also: civět
- (countable) A carnivorous catlike animal, Civettictis civetta, that produces a musky secretion. It is two to three feet long, with black bands and spots on the body and tail.
- (uncountable) The musky perfume produced by the animal.
- Any animal in the family Viverridae or the similar family Nandiniidae
- (countable, US) Any of several species of spotted skunk, in the genus Spilogale.
- burrowing owl
civet m (plural civets)
- (cuisine) ragout of hare, rabbit or wild mammal, with red wine and onions, bound with the animal’s blood.