Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (UK) IPA(key): /ˈklaʊdi/
- (US) IPA(key): /ˈkɫaʊdi/
- (Northern England) IPA(key): /ˈklaʊːdɪ/
Audio (US) (file)
- Rhymes: -aʊdi
- Covered with or characterised by clouds; overcast.
- Not transparent or clear.
- 2002, “Best Inventions of 2002”, in Time:
- […] aerogel resembles smoke that has been frozen into place — it's cloudy, translucent and virtually weightless.
- Uncertain; unclear.
- (computing, informal) Using or relating to cloud computing.
- a cloudy infrastructure
- (slang, archaic) shady; sketchy; suspicious
covered with or characterised by clouds
not transparent; not clear
- Covered with or characterised by clouds; clouded.
- Not transparent or clear; murky, gloomy.
- (rare) Inspiring dread; scary, frightening.
- (rare) Featuring rocks; rocky, stony.