Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
contour (plural contours)
- An outline, boundary or border, usually of curved shape.
- the low drag contour of a modern automobile
- A line on a map or chart delineating those points which have the same altitude or other plotted quantity: a contour line or isopleth.
- (linguistics) a speech sound which behaves as a single segment, but which makes an internal transition from one quality, place, or manner to another.
- (line on a map): contour line
outline, boundary or border
line on a map or chart
contour m (plural contours)