Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: cordón
- Rhymes: -ɔː(r)dən
cordon (plural cordons)
- (archaic) A ribbon normally worn diagonally across the chest as a decoration or insignia of rank etc.
- A line of people or things placed around an area to enclose or protect it.
- (cricket) The arc of fielders on the off side, behind the batsman - the slips and gully.
- (botany) A woody plant, such as a fruit tree, pruned and trained to grow as a single stem on a support.
line of people or things placed around an area
- (with "off") To form a cordon around an area in order to prevent movement in or out.
- Rhymes: -dɔ̃
cordon m (plural cordons)
- cord (for connecting)
- “cordon” in le Trésor de la langue française informatisé (The Digitized Treasury of the French Language).
cordon n (plural cordoane)
- cord (length of twisted strands)
- cordon (line of people or things placed around an area to enclose or protect it)
declension of cordon