Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
ribbon (plural ribbons)
- A long, narrow strip of material used for decoration of clothing or the hair or gift wrapping.
- An inked strip of material against which type is pressed to print letters in a typewriter or printer.
- A narrow strip or shred.
- a steel or magnesium ribbon
- sails torn to ribbons
- (shipbuilding) alternative form of
- (slang, dated, in the plural) Driving reins.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of London Athenaeum to this entry?)
- (heraldry) A bearing similar to the bend, but only one eighth as wide.
- (spinning) A sliver.
- (computing, graphical user interface) A toolbar that incorporates tabs and menus.
- (cooking) In ice cream and similar confections, an ingredient (often chocolate, butterscotch, caramel, or fudge) added in a long narrow strip.
long, narrow strip of material
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
- To decorate with ribbon.