Jump to navigation Jump to search
corollary (plural corollaries)
- Something given beyond what is actually due; something added or superfluous.
- Something which occurs a fortiori, as a result of another effort without significant additional effort.
- Finally getting that cracked window fixed was a nice corollary of redoing the whole storefont.
- (mathematics, logic) A proposition which follows easily from the proof of another proposition.
- We have proven that this set is finite and well ordered; as a corollary, we now know that there is an order-preserving map from it to the natural numbers.
proposition which follows easily
corollary (not comparable)
- (rare) Forming a proposition that follows from one already proved.