- To revoke (a former command); to cancel or rescind by giving an order contrary to one previously given.
- to countermand an order for goods
- To recall a person or unit with such an order.
- To prohibit; to forbid.
- Avicen countermands letting blood in choleric bodles.
- To oppose; to revoke the command of.
- For us to alter anything, is to lift ourselves against God; and, as it were, to countermand him.
to revoke (a former command)
to recall a person or unit
countermand (plural countermands)