Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (Internet slang) Frightening urban legends and short stories circulated on the Internet.
2012 September 14, Kaz Scattergood, “Spooked by Slender, Fuse (Sheffield Students' Union)”, in magazine, volume 9, number 49, page 2:
- The game was born from the familiar 'Slenderman' image, which you may or may not be familiar with from internet memes and creepypasta horror stories.
2013 September 1, “Huntsman: The Orphanage”, in (Please provide the book title or journal name), number 46, Adventure Lantern, page 7:
- " […] Listen to the nineteen personal creepypasta-style stories to piece together the mysterious events of that fateful night in 1898, when twelve orphans simply… disappeared!"
Autumn 2013, Joey Dussault, “The 10 Best Original Soundtracks In The Gaming World”, in Tastemakers Magazine (Northeastern University), number 33, page 11:
- The eerie “Lavender Town” theme has infiltrated the nightmares of an entire generation of children and has even inspired one of the most well known “creepypastas” on the Internet.
- For more examples of usage of this term, see Citations:creepypasta.