Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Characterized by, or moving in cycles, or happening at regular intervals.
- The weather had a cyclic pattern of rain and sun.
- (chemistry, of a compound) Having chains of atoms arranged in a ring.
- Benzene and cyclohexane are both cyclic compounds.
- (botany) Having parts arranged in a whorl.
- (mathematics, of a group) Being generated by only one element.
- (geometry, of a polygon) Able to be inscribed in a circle.
- (happening at regular intervals): periodic
characterized by, or moving in cycles
of a compound having chains of atoms arranged in a ring
being generated by only one element
able to be inscribed in a circle
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.