Jump to navigation Jump to search
doubly (not comparable)
- (usually of relative importance, of degree, quantity or measure) In a double manner; twice the severity or degree.
- Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.
- My mother was always doubly careful when winding the grandfather clock.
- In two ways
- Stealing and then lying about it is doubly wrong.
- (obsolete) with duplicity
- (in a double manner): double, twofold; see also Thesaurus:twice
- (in two ways): dually
- (with duplicity): deceptively, double-handedly, duplicitously
in a double manner