Jump to navigation Jump to search
doubly (not comparable)
- (usually of relative importance, of degree, quantity or measure) In a double manner; twice the severity or degree.
- Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.
- My mother was always doubly careful when winding the grandfather clock.
- In two ways
- Stealing and then lying about it is doubly wrong.
- (obsolete) with duplicity
in a double manner
- ^ “doubly”, in (Please provide the title of the work) (in English), Random House, Inc., accessed 2014-12-02