em- + brown
embrown (third-person singular simple present embrowns, present participle embrowning, simple past and past participle embrowned)
- (transitive) To make brown or dusky.
- 1825, Walter Scott, The Talisman, A. L. Burt Company (1832?), 26:
- His features were small, well-formed, and delicate, though deeply embrowned by the Eastern sun, and terminated by a flowing and curled black beard, which seemed trimmed with peculiar care.
- (intransitive) To become brown or dusky.
- (transitive) To darken, make dark.
- (intransitive) To darken, become dark.