Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (intransitive) To wiggle or twitch; to move the body, especially the fingers, around nervously or idly.
- 1993, Mike Leigh, Naked, spoken by Johnny (David Thewlis):
- Will you stop fucking about and fidgeting in my peripherals? I'm trying to concentrate.
- (transitive) To cause to fidget; to make uneasy.
to move around nervously
fidget (plural fidgets)
- A nervous wriggling or twitching motion.
- (informal) A person who fidgets, especially habitually.
- Synonym: fidgeter
- A toy intended to be fidgeted with.
a person who fidgets