Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (dated) To make hot and rosy, as with drinking.
- His habit of flustering himself daily with claret.
- (by extension) To confuse; befuddle; throw into panic by making overwrought with confusion.
- He seemed to get flustered when speaking in front of too many people.
- (intransitive) To be in a heat or bustle; to be agitated and confused.
- The flustering, vainglorious Greeks.
To confuse, befuddle, throw into panic by making overwrought with confusion