Jump to navigation Jump to search
An ellipsis for an expression such as "I wish you a good morning".
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˌɡʊd ˈmɔː.nɪŋ/
- (US) IPA(key): /ˌɡʊd ˈmɔːɹ.nɪŋ/
Audio (US) (file) Audio (UK) (file)
- Used as a greeting when meeting somebody for the first time in the morning..
- "Good morning, Joan." said Judy at 9 o'clock AM.
- (by extension, humorous) used to greet someone who has just awakened (irrespective of the time of day).
- (by extension, informal) Said to someone who has come to a belated realization.
- A greeting said when parting from someone in the morning.
when seeing someone for the first time in the morning
- An exercise performed by bending forward at the waist and then returning to a standing posture, while bearing a barbell across the shoulders.
- For quotations of use of this term, see Citations:good morning.