Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
hallucination (plural hallucinations)
- A sensory perception of something that does not exist, often arising from disorder of the nervous system, as in delirium tremens; a delusion.
- Hallucinations are always evidence of cerebral derangement and are common phenomena of insanity. - W. A. Hammond
- The act of hallucinating; a wandering of the mind; an error, mistake or blunder.
- This must have been the hallucination of the transcriber. - Joseph Addison
sensory perception of something that does not exist
act of hallucinating
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
hallucination f (plural hallucinations)