- Rhymes: -eɪʃən
- The act of indenting or state of being indented.
- A notch or recess, in the margin or border of anything
the indentations of a leaf
indentations of the coast
- A recess or sharp depression in any surface.
- (typography) The act of beginning a line or series of lines at a little distance within the flush line of the column or page, as in the common way of beginning the first line of a paragraph.
- A measure of the distance from the flush line
an indentation of one em
act of indenting or state of being indented
notch or recess in a margin or border
recess or sharp depression in a surface
act of beginning a line at a distance from the flush line
measure of distance to the flush line
indentation f (plural indentations)