Jump to navigation Jump to search
- The place where water, air or other fluid is taken into a pipe or conduit; opposed to outlet.
- The beginning of a contraction or narrowing in a tube or cylinder.
- The quantity taken in.
- the intake of air
- An act or instance of taking in
- an intake of oxygen or food
- The people taken into an organisation or establishment at a particular time.
- the new intake of students
- A tract of land enclosed.
- (Britain, dialectal) Any kind of cheat or imposition; the act of taking someone in.
place where water or air is taken in
the quantity taken in
act of taking in
people taken in at a particular time
- To take or draw in (in all the senses of the noun).