Jump to navigation Jump to search
isochore (plural isochores)
- (physics) A line drawn on a pressure / volume / temperature graph through all points having the same value of the volume.
- 1916, William Cudmore McCullagh Lewis, A System of physical chemistry, volume 1, page 92:
- An isochore is a curve on a PVT diagram, the pressure and temperature being variable, the volume invariable.
- 1956, Enrico Fermi, Thermodynamics, page 7:
- Thus, an isochore transformation in this case is a transformation at constant volume.
- 1992, J M Yeomans, Statistical Mechanics of Phase Transitions, page 2:
- 1.3 shows the specific heat of argon measured along the critical isochore.
- (geology) A contour showing points of equal vertical thickness of strata; equal to an isopach if strata are horizontal.
- 1964, Mineral Development in Assam: Symposium Volume, Assam (India) Directorate of Geology and Mining, page 205:
- The isochore plan of the overburden thus obtained is then placed over the isochore plan of the seam.
- 1981, Coalfields of India, Geological Survey of India, page 125:
- Isochore maps of the sandstone bodies also indicate the presence of a number of channels flowing from the basin margin towards a central depression.
- (genetics) A sequence of DNA that has a reasonably constant proportion of pairs of guanine and cytosine bases, and is rich in genes.
- 1998, Lindsey R Lindsey; Alan R Lindsey, Transgenic Plant Research, page 268:
- A model that accounts for the differential recognition of transgenes integrated at different chromosomal locations, is the isochore hypothesis.
- 1999, Solomon Pavlovich Vasser; Eviatar Nevo, “Scheme of the isochore organization of the human genome”, in Evolutionary Theory and Processes: Papers in Honour of Eviatar Nevo, page 117:
Terms coordinate with isochore
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
Translations to be checked