Jump to navigation Jump to search
kneecap (plural kneecaps)
- The flat, roundish bone in the knee.
- (roofing) A metal cover trim that fits over a panel rib after it has been cut and bent.
- A cap or strong covering for the knees, used chiefly for horses, to protect their knees in case of a fall.
- (transitive) To destroy the knees of (a person), usually by shooting at the knees, as a punishment carried out by criminals or terrorists.
- This term is considered a misnomer by medical professionals because only a very small minority of victims suffer damage to the kneecap.