Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: Kolk
kolk (plural kolks)
- (geology) An underwater vortex similar to a whirlwind, capable of dislodging, picking up, and moving boulders.
- vortex, maelstrom
- Synonym: draaikolk
- A drain that is part a sewer system.
- Synonym: put
- A small waterway connected to one or several windmills that control the water level in a polder, serving as a conduit to remove surplus water.
- A dyke beside such a waterway.
- A pool or lake resulting from a breached dyke.
- The body of water between sluice gates.
- Synonym: sluiskolk
See etymology on the main entry.