Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
ledge (plural ledges)
- A shelf on which articles may be laid; also, that which resembles such a shelf in form or use, as a projecting ridge or part, or a molding or edge in joinery.
- (geology) A shelf, ridge, or reef, of rocks.
- A layer or stratum.
- A lode; a limited mass of rock bearing valuable mineral.
- (architecture) A (door or window) lintel .
- (architecture) A cornice.
- A piece of timber to support the deck, placed athwartship between beams.
- (slang) A lege; a legend.