Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
locality (plural localities)
- The fact or quality of having a position in space.
- It is thought that the soul and angels are devoid of quantity and dimension, and that they have nothing to do with grosser locality.
- The features or surroundings of a particular place.
- (uncountable, mathematics, computing) The condition of being local
- The situation or position of an object.
- An area or district considered as the site of certain activities; a neighbourhood.
- Limitation to a county, district, or place.
- locality of trial
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Blackstone to this entry?)
- (dated, phrenology) The perceptive faculty concerned with the ability to remember the relative positions of places.
fact or quality of having a position in space
surroundings of a particular place
situation or position of an object