Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
normalization (plural normalizations)
- Any process that makes something more normal or regular, which typically means conforming to some regularity or rule, or returning from some state of abnormality.
- standardization, act of imposing standards or norms or rules or regulations.
- (databases) In relational database design, a process that breaks down data into record groups for efficient processing, by eliminating redundancy.
- (diplomacy) Process of establishing normal diplomatic relations between two countries
- (economics) globalization, the process of making a worldwide normal and dominant model of production and consumption
- (operations)} Making a normalized production.
- (politics) Sharing or enforcement of standard policies
- (sociology) A process whereby artificial and unwanted norms of behaviour and models of behaviour are made to seem natural and wanted, through propaganda, influence, imitation and conformity.
- (statistics) The process of removing statistical error in repeated measured data.
- (databases) first normal form
- (databases) second normal form
- (databases) third normal form
- (databases) fourth normal form
- (databases) fifth normal form
- (databases) Boyce-Codd normal form
any process that makes something more normal or regular