Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: OOPS
A presumably 'natural' exclamation, only attested since 1933, possibly altered to (or from) whoops (attested since 1933)
- Acknowledging a minor mistake.
- Oops! I left the lid off the ketchup.
- Used sarcastically to acknowledge a major mistake.
- Oops, I didn't see you there.
- Oops... I locked my car keys inside the car.
acknowledging a minor mistake
used sarcastically to acknowledge a major mistake
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked