Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (Received Pronunciation, General American) IPA(key): /ˈpeɪt(ʃ)ɹənaɪz/, /ˈpæt(ʃ)ɹənaɪz/
- Hyphenation: pa‧tron‧ize
- (transitive) To make a patron.
- (transitive) To act as a patron; to defend, protect, or support.
- (transitive) To assume a tone of unjustified superiority; to talk down to, to treat condescendingly.
- (transitive) To make oneself a customer of a business, especially a regular customer.
- patronise (Commonwealth)
Terms derived from patronize
Terms related to patronize
to make a patron
to defend, protect, support
to assume a tone of unjustified superiority
to make oneself a customer of a business