See also: Picker
- Rhymes: -ɪkə(ɹ)
picker (plural pickers)
- Agent noun of pick; one who picks.
The apple picker climbed the tree.
- (computing, graphical user interface) Any user interface control that selects something.
a date picker
- (engineering) A machine for picking fibrous materials to pieces so as to loosen and separate the fibre.
- (weaving) The piece in a loom that strikes the end of the shuttle and impels it through the warp.
- (military) A priming wire for cleaning the vent, in ordnance.
- (slang, gold panning) A fragment of gold smaller than a nugget but large enough to be picked up.