Jump to navigation Jump to search
- enPR: po͝of, IPA(key): /pʊf/
Audio (AU) (file)
- Rhymes: -ʊf, -uːf
- Homophones: pouf, pouffe (with certain dialects and/or accents)
- Onomatopoeia indicating a cloud of smoke or wind; caused by a deflating object, or a magical disappearance.
- Poof, he was gone.
- 1995, Kevin Spacey as Verbal, The Usual Suspects, written by Christopher McQuarrie:
- The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. And like that, poof. He's gone.
- (Britain, Australia, New Zealand, derogatory, colloquial) A male homosexual, especially one who is effeminate.
- Synonyms: see Thesaurus:male homosexual
- The product of flatulence, or the sound of breaking wind.
A male homosexual.
The product of flatulence.