Jump to navigation Jump to search
- enPR: po͝of, IPA(key): /pʊf/
Audio (AU) (file)
- Rhymes: -ʊf, -uːf
- Homophones: pouf, pouffe (with certain dialects and/or accents)
- Onomatopoeia indicating a small explosion with a cloud of smoke; as caused by a deflating object, or a magical disappearance.
- Poof, he was gone.
- 1995, Christopher McQuarrie, The Usual Suspects:
- Verbal (Kevin Spacey): The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. And like that, poof. He's gone.
deflating object or a magical disappearance
poof (plural poofs)
- (Britain, Australia, New Zealand, derogatory, colloquial) A male homosexual, especially one who is effeminate.
- Synonyms: see Thesaurus:male homosexual
A male homosexual.