See also: Puffer
puffer (plural puffers)
- Someone or something that puffs.
- Any of several poisonous fish, of the family Tetraodontidae, which have the ability to puff themselves up when in danger.
- (slang) A car left idling to warm up, emitting steam from the rear.
- (cellular automata) A finite pattern that moves like a spaceship but leaves a trail of debris.
- A manually-operated inhaler.
- (dated, childish) A train; a locomotive, usually referring to steam-powered transport.
- (dated, slang) One who is employed by the owner or seller of goods sold at auction to bid up the price; a by-bidder.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Bouvier to this entry?)
- The common, or harbour, porpoise.
- A kier used in dyeing.
- (glassblowing) A soffietta.
someone or something that puffs
blowfish — see blowfish
- 'puffer (slang), The Official Dictionary of Unofficial English: A Crunk Omnibus, by Grant Barrett, McGraw-Hill Professional, 2006, p. 273. 
Declension of puffer