Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- A device for delivering pressurized air in a controlled quantity to a controlled location. At its most simple terms a bellows is a container which is deformable in such a way as to alter its volume which has an outlet or outlets where one wishes to blow air.
When wood fires were common, so were bellows for helping start them.
- Any flexible container or enclosure, as one used to cover a moving joint.
- (informal or archaic) The lungs.
- (photography) Flexible, light-tight enclosures connecting the lensboard and the camera back.
- "Bellows" is used with both singular and plural verbs. One can even find "A bellows is/was".
any flexible container or enclosure
- plural of
- Third-person singular simple present indicative form of bellow