- (idiomatic, intransitive, of a vehicle) To come to a stop, and turn off the road (i.e. onto the roadside or hard shoulder).
- Can you pull over just after the post office? My house is next door.
- (transitive) To cause to pull over
- Police: Do you know why we pulled you over?
- Driver: Was it because I was driving dangerously?
- Police: Yes, please breathe into this, sir; we need to take a breathalyzer test.
- (for a vehicle, to come to a stop and turn off the road): pull up
come to a stop on the roadside or the hard shoulder
cause someone/something to pull over