Jump to navigation Jump to search
Audio (AU) (file)
- (idiomatic, intransitive, of a vehicle) To come to a stop, and turn off the road (i.e. onto the roadside or hard shoulder).
- Can you pull over just after the post office? My house is next door.
- (transitive) To command or force someone to drive their vehicle to the side of the road or curb and come to a stop.
- The cops pulled me over for speeding.
- (for a vehicle, to come to a stop and turn off the road): pull up
come to a stop on the roadside or the hard shoulder
cause someone/something to pull over