See also: Royalty
- The rank, status, power or authority of a monarch.
- People of royal rank, plus their families, treated as a group.
- A royal right or prerogative, such as the exploitation of a natural resource; the granting of such a right; payment received for such a right.
- The payment received by an owner of real property for exploitation of mineral rights on his property.
- (by extension) Payment made to a writer, composer, inventor etc for the sale or use of intellectual property, invention etc.
- (figuratively) Someone in a privileged position
2016 June 27, Daniel Taylor, “England humiliated as Iceland knock them out of Euro 2016”, in The Guardian, London:
- England will have another manager for the next World Cup, Hodgson’s reign will be defined by a result comparable to losing to the United States in the 1950 World Cup and the now-familiar inquest will begin again in a country that likes to see itself as football royalty.
- (poker, slang) A king and a queen as a starting hand in Texas hold 'em.
rank, status, etc. of a monarch
monarch and their families treated as a group
royal right or prerogative
payment for exploiting mineral rights
payment made to owner of intellectual property
Texas hold'em: king and a queen as a starting hand
- Weisenberg, Michael (2000) The Official Dictionary of Poker. MGI/Mike Caro University. ISBN 978-1880069523
royalty f (plural royalties)
- royalty (all senses)
royalty m (invariable)
- royalty (payment)