Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
squawk (plural squawks)
- A shrill noise, especially made by a voice or bird; a yell, scream, or call.
- (aviation) A four-digit transponder code used by aircraft for identification or transmission of emergency signals.
- (aviation) An issue or complaint related to aircraft maintenance.
- The American night heron.
- To make a squawking noise; to yell, scream, or call out shrilly.
- To speak out; to protest.
- To report an infraction; to rat on or tattle; to disclose a secret.
- (aviation) To set or transmit a four-digit transponder code. (Normally followed by the specific code in question.)
to make a squawking noise