- (alternative infinitive): stȉći
stȉgnuti pf (Cyrillic spelling сти̏гнути)
- (intransitive) to arrive, reach (to a destination or a goal)
- (transitive) to catch up, overtake, gain on (someone who is ahead)
- (intransitive) have the time, get the time, can, be able to (to do something one ought to do)
Ne mogu baš sada, ali ću ti pomoći čim stignem! ― I can't right now, but I will help you when I have the time!
- (intransitive, by extension) to make it in time, to have time to finish or do something, to manage to do something in time
Ne mislim da ćemo stići sve obaviti na vrijeme. ― I don't think we'll manage to do all the work in time.
- (intransitive, archaic) catch up with one (illness or misfortune)
Conjugation of stȉći / stȉgnuti
- stȉzati impf