Jump to navigation Jump to search
summand (plural summands)
- Something which is added or summed.
- In the expression 1+2=3, the summands are 1 and 2.
term of addition
- addition, summation: (augend) + (addend) = (summand) + (summand) = (sum, total)
- subtraction: (minuend) − (subtrahend) = (difference)
- multiplication: (multiplicator/multiplier) × (multiplicand) = (factor) × (factor) = (product)
- division: (dividend) ÷ (divisor) = (quotient), remainder left over if divisor does not divide dividend